Welcome

Visitors Count: 50,365,742 visitors
 天 人 地   金 木 水 火 土
 Species : Papilio  Demoleus
Click To Search:

clock (test test)

♥TIME♥


Thursday, February 5, 2009

One step behind Technology

There is once when I am talking on msn with one of my singaporean friend. We are talking about several topics. Suddenly, she asks me about my picture. I told her I do not have it. Then she said again, "Don't you have a handphone to take pictures?" I replied back, "I don't have a handphone."

Then she seems very shocked, and she replied back, "oh my god!! Are you living on the 21st century? You are so freaky and scary. Don't talk to me anymore." After she said that, I feel very angry. Is new technology really so important in our life that we cannot live without it? My family is poor, and there are still a lot of things others have, but we do not have. Moreover, I feel that there isn't a need for me to use handphone as I seldom go out with friends, but just mostly staying at home and using the internet.

Technology to me is not really that inportant. We need them just to make our lives more convenient. If we choose to go for a more advanced way of living, more expenses will have to be wasted. Take for example, a handphone, a car. We still have to pay for phone bills for handphone, and for cars, we still have to go to petrol station to pump diesel into our car in order to work. We have to pay extra prices for living in a more advanced technology.

As for me, I just want to live in a simple life. But I will try not to be too left behind in technology.

2 comments:

慧·R said...

You have a point there =]
We shouldn't just follow others blindly

Xinhui VaL said...

Hi there,

My name is Val. I'm a TV producer producing a new Channel U Program; featuring mobile phone usage in Singapore.

We are currently looking for Singaporeans who do not own a handphone to do short interviews with.

If you still do not own a handphone yet, I'm very much interested to interview you; please reach me at val@simplyis.com.sg to discuss further.

Hear from you soon,
Val